What is a Young Professional Group?
The American Cancer Society's Young Professional Groups are your link to the Society after graduation. Whether you find yourself in your hometown, or a brand new city, the American Cancer Society is there. Young Professional groups provide a network of new friends and connections who share your passion for eradicating cancer through fundraising, advocacy, volunteering, and urban Relay events.
Click on the map above to find a listing of Young Professional groups and events in your state and links to their specific social media and web sites.
WHAT IF MY ACS YOUNG PROFESSIONAL GROUP ISN'T LISTED?
Send us information so we can update your state's page with the most current YP groups and events. Click the button to the left.
WHAT IF THERE IS NO YOUNG PROFESSIONAL GROUP NEAR ME?
No Young Professional group in your city? Start one! Call us at 800-227-2345 or click the button to the left
Resources to help get you started
Starting a Young Professional group is easy! We will provide you with everything you need to get a group started in your city. Including:
- Sample board structure with detailed position descriptions
- Sample Young Professional group fundraising, advocacy, and volunteer events with "how to" instructions for implementing them in your city.
- A webpage that you can personalize for your city.
- Examples of best practices in social media and recruitment
- An American Cancer Society Staff Partner to support your efforts.